Alliance Health Resources Mobile Division, Ltd.
For use of Website and Online Portal
In accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") and other applicable law, AHR maintains the privacy of identifiable, protected health information ("Protected Information") and hereby provides you with notice of our duties and privacy policies. AHR is committed to the confidentiality of Protected Information, and AHR makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that confidentiality.
2. Patient's Rights with respect to Protected Information
AHR respects the rights of patients with respect to Protected Information, whether established by HIPAA or other applicable law. Patient rights with respect to Protected Information include the following:
- The right to request limits on uses and disclosures of Protected Information;
- The right to confidentiality and to request confidential communications;
- The right to examine Protected Information;
- The right to receive an accounting of disclosures; and,
- The right to correct or update Protected Information.
AHR will generally comply with any legally mandated request or other reasonable request by a patient with respect to their Protected Information; however, AHR reserves the right not to comply (or only to comply to the extent that is reasonable) with any request that is unreasonable and/or not mandated by applicable law.
Visit http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html for more information regarding patients and consumers rights with respect to Protected Information.
3. Use and Disclosure of Protected Information
Strictly in accordance with HIPAA and other applicable law, AHR may make the following disclosures of Protected Information.
- As expressly authorized by the patient in writing;
- For treatment (for example, to physicians and other health care professionals who provide you with health care services and/or are involved in the coordination of your care);
- For payment (for example, to your health plan to receive payment for the health care services provided to you);
- For health care operations or business operations (for example, to evaluate the quality of our testing or for internal management purposes, or to coordinate health care or health benefits, or to a third-party billing services provider);
- For reminders/notices (for example, to contact you to remind you of appointments or to tell you about benefits and services of interest);
- To individuals involved in your care or payment (for example, to a family member involved in your care, or, as may be allowed under applicable law, to the parents of minors);
- As may be required by law (for example, as a result of judicial or administrative legal due process or proper law enforcement purposes, to public health authorities, or health oversight activities by administrative agencies, auditors, or otherwise);
- For workers' compensation (for example, with respect to the provision of compensation for work-related injury or illness benefits in accordance with applicable law); and,
- For research (for example, in de-identified data samples).
For any other purposes, AHR will request express authorization in writing before using or disclosing Protected Information. Any authorization granted by a patient may be revoked, in writing with sufficient notice to AHR, except to the extent such authorization was previously relied upon.
4. Notice of Security Breaches
If AHR discovers a breach of security and determines that such breach has a sufficient probability of either a relevant security compromise with respect to Protected Information or other potential harm, AHR will provide notice of such breach to affected parties in accordance with applicable law.
5. Extent and Protection of Personal Information Collected Online
AHR collects certain personal information online when you voluntarily provide it to us. If you choose to register online, AHR asks you to provide limited personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number and/or email address. We also collect information that will allow you to establish a username and password.
AHR exercises diligence and care to protect your personal information by using industry standard security techniques such as firewalls, encryption, and intrusion detection. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us online, especially if you submit anything via e-mail which we have no way of protecting until it reaches us.
Additionally, AHR limits employee and other access to personal information. Only authorized individuals with a proper business reason or other authorized person have access to this information. AHR strives to keep our employees educated about the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
AHR may track users of the Site by collecting data called "cookies." Cookies collected from the Site could be used for (i) enabling functions and tools on the Site, (ii) track resources and data on the Site, and (iii) tracking computer settings. AHR may also collect other forms of non-personal information, such as browser and search engine related information. A user may prevent his or her computer from accepting cookies via the web browser's options; however, stopping your computer from accepting cookies may affect your browser's functionality.
Amy Strahan, Privacy Officer
Alliance Health Resources Mobile Division, Ltd.
2910 Center Street
Deer Park, Texas 77536
Or, by phone: (281) 479-6672
Additionally, in the event of an actionable complaint or disagreement, you may be able to file a complaint with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Please see http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html.